Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] penmart01@aol.com is offline

Default pot luck item

On Wed, 9 Aug 2017 17:39:46 +0000 (UTC), tert in seattle
> wrote:

>Dave Smith wrote:
>> On 2017-08-08 6:39 PM, tert in seattle wrote:
>>> I'm going to a pot luck this weekend. Grilled chicken will be provided,
>>> as well as drinks. Not sure what to bring. Any ideas??

>> How about prosciutto and melon. When we threw a big party for my wife's
>> birthday that was one of the things I prepared and it was a big hit.
>> Melons are good at this time of the year. It's easy enough to throw
>> together and despite the high cost per pound for prosciutto, it is cut
>> so thin that it doesn't take much.

>I don't get the whole proscioutto with melon thing

Me neither... I like melon but Ithink proscioutto is absolutely
flavorless... I don't care that it's pricey, I wouldn't eat it were it
free... I think people swoon over proscioutto for the same reason that
they swoon over the emperor's new clothes.