Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected][_2_] itsjoannotjoann@webtv.net[_2_] is offline

Default pot luck item

On Wednesday, August 9, 2017 at 11:39:58 AM UTC-5, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> > On 8/9/2017 10:06 AM, notbob wrote:
> > >
> > > I gave up on "work" pot lucks cuz everyone brought store-bought junk
> > > or worse. What's worse? Take-out pizza, take-out Chinese, Chicken
> > > buckets, etc. It was like nobody knew how to cook.

> > Probably 50% don't know how, 49% are too lazy to do it.

> And 1% don't have time to put together a dish after work
> the night before or in the morning.
>
> That's always my beef with work potlucks. I usually skip
> them for that reason, and because everybody (even the ones
> who cook) bring such carb-y stuff.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

My last position in the company I worked for was in the computer
room and it was shift work 3 days per week. 6:00 a.m. until 7:30
p.m. when on the day shift. The first year or so somebody was
always wanting to do some sort of potluck dinner while working
these hours. I told them no, I would not be participating after
being up for 14+ hours to stop at the store and then go home and
cook something.

If they wanted to do some sort of potluck meal then they should
let everybody know the week BEFORE. Everybody could hit the store
while off work and then cook and have it ready to bring to work.