Randell Tarin

in article , BlueHeron at

www.veganmd.com

> This works well for baking, but it does not work well as a binding agent.
>
> I have used it before in cookies and cakes with much success.
>
> -- Blue

I wonder how well Lecithin would work as a binder? Lecithin is the primary
component of egg whites that serves as the binder. Since it's from soy
sources, it fits into the vegan lifestyle. It's also extremely good for
you.

The liquid stuff is like an oily glue straight from the bottle, but it mixes
well into baking batters, smoothies etc. I haven't tried it as a binder for
veggie burgers, but it's worth a try.