Posted to rec.food.preserving
songbird songbird is offline

Default dill pickles

songbird wrote:

> 5 quarts small whole pickles with plenty
> of dill.

7 quarts some days ago, 21 quarts yesterday.

i knew that 15 cucumber plants was way too
many!

i mentioned to Mom yesterday that perhaps we
could figure out how many quarts we wanted to
do yet and then when we reach that stage we
could remove some of the plants because i really
don't want to spend most of my free time this
summer doing more pickles than we actually
want. we'll see how that goes... i'm
trying to get my large north garden project
finished - because of the amount of digging and
how much time it takes to sort through all the
dirt getting the target weed roots removed i'm
probably going to be at this for a few more
weeks yet. oh well, the exercise is very good
for me. in a few more weeks i should be down
5 more lbs.

songbird