Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: picnic wines- Burgs, Loire, Macedonia, Spain

On 6/30/17 12:04 PM, DaleW wrote:
> No wines Mon (steak salad) or Tuesday (homemade pappardelle with
> anchovy/radicchio sauce), so I was happy to pack a couple bottles as
> we headed to park for concert last night. Lovely night (70s, low
> humidity, sunshine) by the Hudson, nice band, good friends. We
> started with some light stuff (smoked salmon, stuffed olives, spicy
> dried anchovies, fish cakes, fiacco) and then proceeded to Betsys
> duck/purslane/grape salad and potato salad.
>
> 2015 Luneau-Papin €śClos des Allees€ť Muscadet Dang this is good.
> Citrus, seashell, tangy. Full with acidic backbone, long, tasty.
> Supposed to be a tough year for Muscadet but this is really good.
> A-/B+

Yeah, but as Kermit Lynch said long ago, I'd rather drink a good
producer in a "bad" year than a bad producer in a "good" year I
recall you posting a positive note about the '15 Clos des Briords, too.

Interesting set of notes, Dale. Thanks!

Mark Lipton