Posted to alt.food.wine
DaleW DaleW is offline

Default TN: picnic wines- Burgs, Loire, Macedonia, Spain

No wines Mon (steak salad) or Tuesday (homemade pappardelle with anchovy/radicchio sauce), so I was happy to pack a couple bottles as we headed to park for concert last night. Lovely night (70s, low humidity, sunshine) by the Hudson, nice band, good friends. We started with some light stuff (smoked salmon, stuffed olives, spicy dried anchovies, fish cakes, fiacco) and then proceeded to Betsys duck/purslane/grape salad and potato salad.

2015 Luneau-Papin €śClos des Allees€ť Muscadet
Dang this is good. Citrus, seashell, tangy. Full with acidic backbone, long, tasty. Supposed to be a tough year for Muscadet but this is really good. A-/B+

2002 Coste-Caumartin €śClos des Boucherottes€ť Pommard 1er
Red fruits, nice balance of fruit and acid, light tannin, a little earth, pleasant and straightforward. Nice but without a lot of complexity, didnt really drink like a 1er. B

Wines from others
2014 Jane and Sylvain Bourgogne Passetoutgrains
High acid, raspberry and cranberry with just a touch of an herbal geranium note, not enough to detract for me. Some citrus peel, autumn leaves. Interesting- Fred says 90% PN/10% Gamay,

2016 Stobi Rose (Macedonia)
Fred says 50% Rkatsiteli and 50% another indigneous grape I didnt recognize. Bright strawberry, citrus zest, some rose petal. Good acids, fun.. B/B+

2016 Avinyo 'Petillant'
From Spain, unsure region. Very light, just a hint of petillance -more spritzy than bubbly, peach and apple, a little saline note.. Reminds me a bit of a Vinho Verde. Fun. B/B-

2014 Buissonnier Bourgogne Cote Chalonnaise blanc Chardonnay
Somewhat dilute, short, juicebox apple flavors, C+/C

Nice night, stayed till sun was down.

No wine Thursday with Judy Rodgers chicken with figs.