Posted to rec.food.sourdough
Robert Zaleski Robert Zaleski is offline

Default Water, is it an issue?

I can't say that water is an issue. But I know that a simple charcoal filter (i.e. a brita ) will take just about all of the chlorine, and a number of other things from your water. So that's an option if you're worried about the water.

But I imagine, that just like bacteria has become accostomed to the anti-biotics we throw at them, they'll adjust to everything else, and the yeast that lives alongside should does the same. Does that affect taste and such, probably. But I used tap water from a large river, and my yeast always stayed active, despite all the industry that's on it.