Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Cleaning Wipes: The Greatest Innovation of My Adult Life?

On 2017-06-16 11:29 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

>> €œOh sure, I remember window-cleaning hell all too well, and so do
>> you. Of course, at the time, I didnt fully know how horrible it
>> was. Now I do, thanks to the innovation of Window Wipes: disposable
>> moist towelettes for cleaning glass.

> I'm going to try them. I dislike cleaning windows and I'm not very
> good at it. In the past couple of weeks I did the windows in the
> family room twice and when the afternoon sun hits them I still see
> streaks.

Afternoon sun? One of the first rules of window cleaning is not to do
it on sunny days. I really hate washing windows, but based on the number
of times I have ended up having to them, it appears that my wife hates
it even more than I do. We have 13 windows on the first floor and
another 6 on the second floor. I tend to tackle them all the same day so
it makes for a longer day of cleaning. I suppose I could break it into
shorter jobs by doing one room at a time, but what would probably happen
would be that I would do one room one day and it might be a month
before I get psyched up to the the next one. I do tend to do the living
room/dining room windows more frequently. The living room window faces
west and the afternoon and evening light magnifies the amount of dust
that gathers on it. If I wash it on a sunny day I end up having to
rewash it several times to get rid of the streaks.