kilikini

"BFB" > wrote in message
> Glenn Jacobs wrote:
>
> > On 08 Sep 2004 09:37:51 GMT, PENMART01 wrote:
> >>Afterburners
> >>
> >>Serve with a spicy queso dip.
> >>
> >>12 unpeeled medium-size fresh shrimp
> >>12 jalapeņo peppers
> >>6 bacon slices, halved lengthwise
> >>
> >>Peel shrimp, and devein, if desired.
> >>Cut a slit in each jalapeņo pepper; remove seeds and membranes.

Carefully place
> >>one shrimp in cavity of each pepper.
> >>
> >>Wrap each pepper with 1 bacon piece, and secure with a wooden pick.

Place in a
> >>jellyroll pan.
> >>
> >>Broil 5 1/2 inches from heat 6 to 7 minutes on each side, or until bacon

is
> >>cooked. Serve warm.

> > Those must be tiny shrimp (no pun intended, at least not much) or giant
> > Jalapeņos. Sounds good, but I wonder what would happen if you used a
> > larger pepper such as a Poblano or an Anaheim? And I wonder how it

would
> > be with the Bacon inside the pepper with the shrimp. Food for thought!
> > Maybe I will give it a try, not soon though, if it comes out good will

let
> > you know.

> I suspect bacon inside wouldn't work well because the bacon would
> steam since most of the the moisture would be trapped. The bacon would
> soak in its own fat & be soggy. The outside wrapping is probably the
> best option.
>
> These do sound good though.
>
> BFB
> NYC

Alot of guys stuff the peppers with a sausage mixture and then wrap them
with bacon. The bacon seals the top of the pepper; IOW, instead of going
around the pepper, you put it across the top. Many, many people roast them
on the grill this way for added flavor.

These peppers are a frequent toppic in a couple of other Usenet groups I
frequent regularly and are affectionally called Atomic Turds, I suspect
because of their shape before roasting and what happens post eating. :~)

kili