Posted to alt.food.wine
Sheila Page[_2_] Sheila Page[_2_] is offline

Default 2017 Cellar Inventory

In message >,
DaleW > writes
>On Tuesday, May 2, 2017 at 3:30:42 PM UTC-4, Mark Lipton wrote:
>>
>> If any of you have access to comparable data, I'd love to see how
>> different or similar our cellar compositions are.
>>

>Too lazy to do by appellation. Below list is woefully incomplete,
>offhand I know there is enough unentered wine to be an entire separate
>cellar. I am not a good record keeper.Things like cru Beaujolais and
>Pepiere muscadet are woefully undercounted. 0% means one or two entered
>bottles.
>Never seen a collection with Germany having Baden as #1 (I have some
>Enderle and Moll, also uncounted, but not that much)
>Fun to see
>

>France*64.6%
>Bordeaux*25.1%
>Burgundy*24.1%
>Loire Valley*7.1%
>Alsace*2.9%
>Rhône*2.9%
>Champagne*2.0%
>Southwest France*0.2%
>Corsica*0.2%
>Provence*0.0%
>

>Germany*15.0%
>Mosel Saar Ruwer*9.3%
>Nahe*3.3%
>Rheingau*1.6%
>Rheinhessen*0.4%
>Pfalz*0.4%
>Franken*0.0%
>

>Italy*8.5%
>Piedmont*6.2%
>Tuscany*1.2%
>Sicily*0.3%
>Veneto*0.2%
>Campania*0.2%
>Abruzzi*0.2%
>Lombardia*0.1%
>Umbria*0.1%
>Latium*0.0%
>
>USA*7.8%
>California*7.8%
>Washington*0.0%
>
>Austria*1.9%
>Niederösterreich*1.9%
>Burgenland*0.0%
>
>Spain*1.5%
>La Rioja*1.5%
>
>Portugal*0.3%
>Douro*0.3%
>Madeira*0.0%
>
>Australia*0.3%
>South Australia*0.3%
>Victoria*0.0%
>
>Argentina*0.0%
>Mendoza*0.0%
>
>Lebanon*0.0%
>Bekaa Valley*0.0%
>
>Top 10 producer (Pepiere and probably ESJ would be here if I listed everything)
>Louis Jadot*2.8%
>Dönnhoff*2.5%
>Trimbach*2.2%
>Domaine Huet*2.2%
>Domaine Robert Chevillon*2.1%
>Selbach-Oster*2.1%
>Willi Schaefer*1.8%
>Joseph Drouhin*1.8%
>Joh. Jos. Prüm*1.5%
>Chteau Lagrange (St. Julien)*1.3%
>Weingut Josef Leitz*1.2%

Also too lazy to do it properly, and a much smaller total than most of
you, but about:

France 62% of which
Bordeaux 15, roughly half Sauternes
Burgundy 4, mainly white
Alsace 11, all white
Rhone 20, mainly red;
Jura 6
Loire, Cahors, etc.

Germany, 9, and more red than white which surprised me

Italy 7

Spain 7

Argentina 3, Australia 5

US, mainly California, 4

Chile, S. Africa, Georgia, New Zealand, Portugal, Uruguay...

An interesting thread,

--
---
Sheila Page