Posted to rec.food.preserving

Default Carrots

> On Fri 28 Apr 2017 03:45:55p, George Shirley told us...
>
>> We put up six pints of spicy carrot sticks yesterday with garlic
>> with them. Our carrot crop this year was outstanding. Probably
>> will freeze some as rounds just for stews and soups. Most were at
>> least two inches in diameter at the top but only about four inches
>> long. Very sweet and tasty.
>>
>> George
>>

> That sounds good, and I bet those home grown carrots are nice and
> sweet!
>
> Have you ever made carrot jam? It's very tasty.

Dang! Here I thought you were gone and here you are. Long time no talk.

Nope, never tried carrot jam, might do so now that I know it exists,
probably find a recipe in one of my many canning books.

How are you doing? We're still gardening and canning and trying to teach
the grands and great grands how to be independent and to stay away from
fast food. We have five grands and six great grands and three of the
grands haven't bred yet.

Miz Anne and I will be married 57 years come December 26th of this year.
We still argue a lot but we make it up later. <G> I'm pretty much out of
the garden business due to damage to my right leg and arm from all the
strokes years ago but I can still cook and can. Our pantry is full and
I'm urging the grands to come by and help us eat some of this stuff.
Good to hear from you Wayne, keep it up as there is not much movement on
this program. I'm thinking there's not much home canning going on
anymore or are we all dinosaurs.

George