Posted to alt.food.wine
DaleW DaleW is offline

Default TN: Bremont, ESJ, Boillot (Louis), Pinon

Some friends came over for dinner tonight, I shucked a few oysters, we had some cukes with smoked salmon and creme fraiche, and started with the NV Bremont €śCuvee Prestige€ť Brut Champagne. Ive still got some of this from a lot several years ago, but this is a fresh graymarket., Fresh, citrusy, bread and herb notes. Good, and my friend Ron says to source him some. Big but bright. B+/A-

Dinner was a couple of small roast chickens, with Ottolenghi green couscous (arugula, herbs, pistachio) and his roast sweet potatoes with lemongrass creme fraiche.

1995 Edmunds St. John €śLes Cotes Sauvages€ť
As others have reported, this is in a nice place. Smoky, meaty, with red fruits and a touch of herb. The tannins are resolved, raspberry and strawberry fruit is quite fresh. Fun! A-/B+

2012 Louis Boillot Bourgogne rouge
Fresh red cherry fruit, touch of earth, pretty. B

2013 Pinon Vouvray
Sec-tendre, apple and wool with an overlay of spring flowers. Tasty. B+