Old 08-09-2004, 03:23 PM
Glenn Jacobs

On 08 Sep 2004 09:37:51 GMT, PENMART01 wrote:

From:
(PENMART01)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: 08 Sep 2004 09:37:51 GMT
Subject: After Burners

Afterburners

Serve with a spicy queso dip.

12 unpeeled medium-size fresh shrimp
12 jalapeņo peppers
6 bacon slices, halved lengthwise

Peel shrimp, and devein, if desired.
Cut a slit in each jalapeņo pepper; remove seeds and membranes. Carefully place
one shrimp in cavity of each pepper.

Wrap each pepper with 1 bacon piece, and secure with a wooden pick. Place in a
jellyroll pan.

Broil 5 1/2 inches from heat 6 to 7 minutes on each side, or until bacon is
cooked. Serve warm.
---

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon

Those must be tiny shrimp (no pun intended, at least not much) or giant
Jalapeņos. Sounds good, but I wonder what would happen if you used a
larger pepper such as a Poblano or an Anaheim? And I wonder how it would
be with the Bacon inside the pepper with the shrimp. Food for thought!
Maybe I will give it a try, not soon though, if it comes out good will let
you know.

--
JakeInHartsel

If there is a God, let it be Bacchus!