Posted to rec.food.cooking
dsi1[_17_] dsi1[_17_] is offline

Default Lab-Grown Meat May Save a Lot More than Farm Animals??? Lives

On Thursday, April 6, 2017 at 5:50:04 PM UTC-10, tert in seattle wrote:
> dsi1 wrote:
> > On Thursday, April 6, 2017 at 12:42:28 PM UTC-10, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> >> http://www.nbcnews.com/mach/innovati...-lives-n743091
> >> or
> >> http://tinyurl.com/lme6kcg
> >>
> >> hmmmm. So that's what they use in the Star Trek replicators.
> >>
> >> Janet US

> > Things are going as we have planned. I don't believe the future lies with growing animal tissue but rather printing meat-like substances from plant protein, i.e., algae. There could be a market for animal tissue grown in factories and sold as "real meat." In the future most people will be vegetarians.

> whatever
>
> in 100 billion years give or take, everthing will be at the same energy level
>
> there will be perfect peace in the universe
>
> and no one will be around to mess it up

I don't believe that. I think that the universe will collapse and be reborn in another big bang. In the natural order of things, this happens as regularly and as rapidly as the beating of a hummingbird's wing. My guess is that this has already happened countless times already.