Posted to rec.food.cooking
dsi1[_17_] dsi1[_17_] is offline

Default Lab-Grown Meat May Save a Lot More than Farm Animals Lives

On Thursday, April 6, 2017 at 3:21:48 PM UTC-10, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> On Thu, 6 Apr 2017 16:21:12 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 <dsi1yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
> >On Thursday, April 6, 2017 at 12:42:28 PM UTC-10, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> >> http://www.nbcnews.com/mach/innovati...-lives-n743091
> >> or
> >> http://tinyurl.com/lme6kcg
> >>
> >> hmmmm. So that's what they use in the Star Trek replicators.
> >>
> >> Janet US

> >Things are going as we have planned. I don't believe the future lies with growing animal tissue but rather printing meat-like substances from plant protein, i.e., algae. There could be a market for animal tissue grown in factories and sold as "real meat." In the future most people will be vegetarians.

> The algae stuff is only interim.
> Janet US

It seems like a cheap, fast, way to get some elemental protein material. From that you can make all kinds of foods. Red cubes, green cubes, yellow cubes etc, etc. The possibilities are endless. Why the heck would you want to make food out of any other material?