View Single Post
  #2 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to alt.food.wine
external usenet poster

Default TN: ESJ, Luneau-Papin, Porter Creek, and an Albarino to celebratenew pup

On 4/3/17 9:58 AM, DaleW wrote:
> After a couple of lonely months, we got a new pup from Basset rescue. Ruby is 5 months old
> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9Y...ew?usp=sharing
>
> Some assorted wines to celebrate
>
> With flounder, the 2009 Luneau-Papin €śSemper Excelsior€ť Muscadet. Rich, almost fat style of Muscadet, but anchored by some good acids. Pear, citrus and a touch of peach, with some mineral notes on finish. Not especially Melon-ish, but tasty. B+
>
> 2015 Lagar de Broullon Albarino
> This actually tastes more like Muscadet than the Muscadet, salty/oyster shell notes, snappy acids, citrus, good QPR> B+/A-
>
> With assorted leftovers, the 2016 Edmunds St John Bone Jolly Rose. Strawberries, a little citrus zest, good but I didnt pay enough attention as it was first night with pup. Will open another soon,
>
> With pork, the 2015 Edmunds St John Gamay noir. Screwcap, and a little reductive note at first, but it blows off, and a pretty wine is there, raspberries and cherries, a pleasant herby/stemmy note. Fresh and food friendly, but not very long. B+/B
>
> With skirt steak, the 2013 Porter Creek €śTimbervine€ť Syrah (RRV). Light for CA syrah (13.4), with pepper and herb notes I like but other might not. Good acids, blackberry and black cherry fruit, light green herb notes, lively. B+
>
> Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent wine, B a good wine, C drinkable. Anything below C means I wouldn't drink at a party where it was only choice.Furthermore, I offer no promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.
>

Good lineup. This is a new Muscadet to me and I will try it.