hvpl

Simply think "commercial reality". Advertisements generate income. Good
reviews generate advertisements. Have you ever read about the worst wines in
any tasting from any publication? I guess a 80-points is bad enough when the
winery expects 90-points! Any wine reported at below 70-points & you are
liable to be sued! When I want 95-points, I try to make an about 90-point
wine (high extraction, high alcohol, micro-oxy, whatever) & dangle an
attractive advertising budget. Do I get it?

That's commercial reality but readers/subscribers are lapping up all the
good stuff, not knowing better.

On the other hand, no one survives without pampering to those who are paying
.......... advertisers or subscribers.

"jeffc" > wrote in message
m...

> "Hunt" > wrote in message
> >
> > With the extreme pressure to rate the wines, without benefit of

marketing,