Posted to alt.food.wine
DaleW DaleW is offline

Default TN: 2 Italian whites, 1 Haut-Medoc

With cod in a fennel/tomato broth, the 2014 Capovolta Verdicchio dei Castelli di Jesi
White peach, almond, flowers. Medium bodied, moderate acids, tasty if not compelling. B/B-

Cooking wine was the 2015 Montebernardi Grillo (in liter tetrapack). A little soft, nutty with tropical ( pineapple/guava ) fruit, probably better for cooking than drinking. B-/C+

With grilled herb flank steak, the 1999 Sociando-Mallet. The ripe/Cali style of the vintage doesnt overwhelm the green tobacco leaf/herbiness of the estate. Black currants, herbs/green, cocoa. Not complex but ready to go. B