David Wright

On Sat, 04 Sep 2004 21:17:29 -0700, Jim Lane >
wrote:

>Charles Gifford wrote:
>
>> You know Jim, I have never understood the whole "taco-seasoning" thing. I
>> have never used it although I have tried it. Just don't get it I suppose. I
>> have always flavored my ground beef, when using it, with just garlic salt
>> and pepper. I add seasoning to the taco proper when I eat it.
>>
>> The idea of finely separated meat bits sounds a lot like the stuff served at
>> Taco Bell. Nasty --- to me anyhow.
>>
>> Charlie
>>

>Agreed, Charlie, but if someone is concerned with flavorless and can't
>figure out to add a few things like salt, pepper, onion, garlic, chili
>powder. . .
>
>jim

My personal preference is to have meat that tastes like full-flavored
meat (and also has the texture of meat) and then add flavor components
that supplement the meat flavor.

I don't understand the taco-seasoning thing either. I much prefer to
add salt and spices ( and herbs) individually so I know quality of
what I'm adding and can choose the proportions I like. Obviously,
other peoples' milage varies on this or there wouldn't be a market for
such seasoning packets.

David