Posted to rec.food.cooking
dsi1[_17_] dsi1[_17_] is offline

Default Golden Corral

On Thursday, February 9, 2017 at 9:19:09 AM UTC-10, BigC300 wrote:
> I went in there to try the nightly special meal which includes shrimp
> and prime rib. The shrimp were delicious. My prime rib was gray
> colored versus pink of every other prime rib I had eaten in the past.
> As I was finishing my last bite of well done prime rib, I glanced at
> the serving area where they were placing a new slab of prime rib fresh
> from the oven. They immediately sliced into it...nice and pink. I felt
> like slamming my plate into the idiot cooking the meat.
>
> I told my wife, next time I go to the cashier and fork out $30 for
> this meal, and the meat is prepared by idiots, I am going to
> immediately take my receipt back to the cashier, demand a refund and
> leave.
>
> William

You have to tell them what you want at the slicing station before they dish it up. Don't blame the guy for not reading your mind. Perhaps you look like a guy that likes grey meat. I can tell by looking what kind of doneness a person will like but I'm not 100% right all the time. 60% ain't bad though....