Old 07-09-2004, 11:26 PM
Dar V

That's an interesting idea, although I don't know that she'll want to do
that. I know I'll never give her a bottle of Dandelion Wine...but it is
interesting. Since this was really my first tasting-my-wine get-togethers,
I was just curious what you thought about it. Thanks.
Darlene

"Ray Calvert" wrote in message
. com...
Actually, I was not questioning whether she was showing allergy to the
wine. From what you described, it certainly sounded like the wine. My
wife has all sorts of food allergies (bannana, avacado, breen beans, ...)
Fortunately she has not reacted to any of my wines. I would not recomend
this this to anyone else but if it was me I would test myself by scraching
my arm and then rubbing some of the offending wine into it to see if I
reacted. But frome my understanding, food allergies usually cause
something like hives or throat constriction rather than sneezing.

Ray

"Dar V" wrote in message
Ray,
Good thought; the wine was clear though. I thought it might be the
sulfites, but like I said, she has had my other wines before without
having a reaction. Now, all my windows were open in my house, maybe the
breeze brought something in which she had a reaction too. I was just
wondering, because she did ask me before I opened the bottle and passed
it around. I told her I didn't know, but she was brave and tried it
anyway. After she started sneezing though, we didn't let her have
anymore, and we did move on to another bottle - cherry I think. Who
knows...?
Darlene

"Ray Calvert" wrote in message
m...
Amazing, I don't think pollens should have made it into the wine if it
was clear. I don't doubt that the reaction is real but I wander what it
was that she was reacting too?

Ray

"Dar V" wrote in message
Hello,
My wine tasting get-together provided a bit more input than we all
thought. My friend Barb has allergies to outdoor pollens...anyway, she
had a small glass of my dandelion wine, and about 30 minutes later she
was sneezing and such. She has had my other wines before with no ill
effects. Needless we cut her off and she was better in a bit. Has
anyone else run into this? or are we just plain wrong to think this?
Curious in Wisconsin,
Darlene