MikeMTM

Droopy,
I made this wine a few years back, and it did at first seem thin &
harsh. I used about 40 _leaflets_ per gallon, as a reference point. My
early notes suggest that that was too many, but it later mellowed out
considerably. About 1/3 of the sugar content was from honey. But here's
the real secret: I found that a half-filled bottle left in the fridge
for 2 mos. turned a light brown and developed the most remarkable walnut
finish on tasting. Not just an oxidized taste, but a real Black Walnut
taste. The pale yellow version was nothing to rave about, but the brown
version was quite interesting.

--

Mike MTM, Cokesbury, New Jersey, USA