Posted to rec.food.cooking
Cheri[_3_] Cheri[_3_] is offline

Default What is a fried bologna sandwich?

"U.S. Janet B." > wrote in message

> This sandwich is something I've never seen and only heard about on a
> couple of those food shows.
> Apparently you need the big hunk of bologna and you cut thick slices
> from it and fry. Where do you go from there? Is it made on a bun,
> what condiments? Anybody?
> Janet US

When I was a kid, we fried the bologna which my mom would get from the
butcher in a large chunk, slice it as thick as we wanted, put it on soft
bread with butter, or mayo, whatever we liked (I liked Miracle Whip) and eat
it. I don't know how they make them now, but if I was having one, that's how
I would make it.

Cheri