PENMART01

>Scott heimdall writes:
>
>>(Kevintsheehy) wrote:

>> 2. Don't wash meat and poultry, since that can spread bacteria
>> around the kitchen.
>>
>> My reaction - I don't recall seeing such a comment in the food safety
>> part of the report, although I will go back and look. I always rinse meat
>> and poultry and clean up thoroughly afterwards. Is this an item of common
>> knowledge which I'm not aware of?

>Sounds counterintuitive, but the USDA does indeed hold that position, in
>a limited way (the following is not from the food pyramid report--and it
>seems strange that this topic would be):
><http://www.fsis.usda.gov/OA/pubs/washing.htm>
>
>"Does Washing Food Promote Food Safety?
>
>Historically, we equate washing to cleanliness. We wash clothes, linens,
>cars, dishes, and ourselves. So, it is logical that many people believe
>meat and poultry can be made cleaner and"/or" safer by washing it.

NOW it makes "LOGICAL" sense (see above "emender"). The USDA is a government
agency, likewise the rest, harbors many, many Idiots.

I wash food to make it cleaner, not nessesarily safer... naturally I realize
that many of yoose claim washing food is not only unessesary but also stupid...
to that I reply that many of yoose have your taste in your ass by virtue of
your propensity to eat shit, albiet food safe shit. Yes, cooking sterilizes
shit, but unlike yoose Idiots I'd druther not indulge.

More than one filthy unwashed slob (mostly yoose 'talians n' frogs- hehe) has
had a steep dental repair bill foisted on them simply because their grotesque
inbred sanitary habits prevented their washing that sliver of bone from that
pork chop... another of the reasons I detest preground stupidmarket mystery
meat, often a bit of bone gets ground in, and ya can't wash that away... once
cracked a perfectly good crown from biting down on a piece of bone inside a
store bought 'talian sausage... least ingesting the ground in rodent turds and
roaches ain't nearly so expensive a nasty.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon