Old 10-01-2017, 06:47 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default A Slower Pace for TV’s ‘Galloping Gourmet’

On Mon, 9 Jan 2017 17:26:43 -0500, Travis McGee
wrote:

There is little doubt, fans and cultural historians say, that Mr. Kerr
helped define a certain corner-turning moment in America. He wasn’t the
first male chef on television: James Beard got there in 1946. The run of
“The Galloping Gourmet” was also relatively brief;

He was by far my favorite TV cook. He may not have had the best
credentials, but he made it accessible and fun. I still trot out his
method for making steamed rice when I don't use a rice cooker.