Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ophelia[_14_] Ophelia[_14_] is offline

Default Liquid Sterno

"dsi1" wrote in message

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

> Sterno, as you now know, is gelled alcohol. What you probably don't know
> is
> that folks used to squeeze the liquid out of the gel and drink it for the
> alcohol. Sterno junkies. Beats the hell out of me why they did this. Why
> the
> heck would they buy Sterno instead of wine? How cheap was Sterno? The
> stuff
> was toxic as it contained methanol. Evidently, to junkies, what don't kill
> you can make you high and therefore has some value.
>

> ================
>
> Ewwwwwwwwww. I have heard that junkies take all kind of dangerous stuff
> get that 'high'. Madness.
>
> Thanks
>

> --
> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

My niece's ex was addicted to breathing aerosols. He wouldn't show up and
they'd have to go looking for him in store parking lots. He'd be in his car
with the windows up and he'd be passed out. They found him dead one day. He
was lucky to have survived for so long but that time he went over to the
other side and there was nothing anybody could have done about it.

What a waste of a life(

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk