Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ophelia[_14_] Ophelia[_14_] is offline

Default Liquid Sterno

"l not -l" wrote in message ...

On 7-Dec-2016, "Ophelia" > wrote:

> "Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message ...
>
> On 12/6/2016 7:31 PM, wrote:
> > On Wednesday, November 27, 2002 at 9:58:15 AM UTC-5, Win Segal wrote:
> >> Now that fondue cooking seems to be coming back, I'm giving a gift of a
> >> fondue set with a fondue cookbook. Also want to give some sterno.
> >> Here's
> >> the question. First, do all fondue pots use the same size canned
> >> sterno?
> >> Then, liquid sterno is being sold at the local bed and bath.
> >> Instructions
> >> say that you just pour the liquid where the sterno goes. This sounds
> >> much
> >> easier. Does anyone know anything about this liquid sterno? Thanks.
> >>
> >> Win

> > Yes, I used liquid stereo for years with my stainless steel set. it is
> > wonderful if you can find it!!
> >

> Amazon
>
> ===============
>
> What is 'sterno'? I googled but all I get is a muscle

It is a fuel, primarily used with buffet pans and chafing dishes, made from
jelled alcohol and comes in a small can. You remove the top and light the
jell and slide the container under the buffet pan to keep the contents warm.
Sometimes, informally, referred to as "canned heat".
http://www.sternopro.com/

Thank you)

--
Change Cujo to Juno for email.