Posted to rec.food.preserving
songbird songbird is offline

Default strawberries today (learned one lesson)

George Shirley wrote:
> Easiest thing in the world, I go to one of the office stores and buy the
> cheapest labels they have. Write on it with pen or a colored pen, stick
> it on. Empty jar, run hot water over the label, pull it off and you're done.

i suspect we'll be quite happy with post-its
and a marker. we're not talking about a huge
number of items all that often. we really don't
eat many frozen things (maybe three to six times
a month) for meals.

this past summer with adding more frozen
strawberries, roasted red peppers and squash i've
really increased the amount of food i'd eat from
the freezer. some of the frozen strawberries
were replacements for strawberry freezer jam so
i reduced those to make room for the other. Ma
still needs room in there for when she bakes
bread.

will all the jars of frozen berries out of
there now it's about the emptiest it's been in a
long time.

songbird