Tee King

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 22:20:50 +0200, JB >
tripped the light fantastic, then quipped:

>> Has anyone experience the nylon teabags that has the loose leaf and
>> not the powders?
>>
>> What was it like?

>I have found thin wire mesh filters the best solution. If they are shaped
>like the cup or mug the leaves have plenty of room. If the mesh container
>has a lid it acts like a Chatsford.
>
>JB

I have a wonderful Japanese Beehive teapot
(http://www.theteatable.com/Merchant2...0001/bbn03.jpg)
that implements the fine mesh filter. It holds three to four cups of
tea nicely, and the filter is big enough to allow the leaves to unfurl
fully. I also have a nylon mesh basket
(http://web.nwe.ufl.edu/~jane/images/brewbasket.jpg)
that fits either into a standard mug or a teapot that does a superb
job, providing the teapot I use isn't too large, necessitating a
larger quantity of leaf to brew the tea.

Tee
http://www.todayscacher.com
http://www.geocities.com/tee_king