Posted to rec.food.preserving
songbird songbird is offline

Default plinks

George Shirley wrote:
> On 11/20/2016 11:19 PM, songbird wrote:
>> last of the season. 22 quarts of PBDCs.
>>
>> luckily my brother came over to help clean
>> them up. since he eats most of them it's a
>> good thing.

> His his skin and tongue red?

no, but at first when he ate a lot of them
he didn't know about the red pee/poo thing
and called his doctor worried...

> My wife loves beets in any form, but then,
> she has always been a little weird. I will eat PBDCs on occasion when
> cooked but prefer them pickled.

the P in PBDC is pickled... i will eat them
plain at times too, i like them either way.

> There is one vegetable I absolutely will not eat, turdnips!

i like them fried up like potatoes until they
get a little brown on them. to me they taste a
lot like a very wimpy cabbage. i love cabbage
about any way i've ever had it.

not too many veggies i don't like.

> Up early again getting the dawg her meds for the morning. Two old people
> and an old dawg, just hanging on by a thread and a big jar of pills.
>
> It is getting colder here than I wanted. I had to put on my winter PJ's
> last night. We're getting some lows down to the high thirties and, by
> noon, back to the seventies. Just strange weather for SE Texas.
>
> George, old and tired

yeah, i slept most of the afternoon today and
it was nice.

songbird