Posted to rec.food.cooking
Jeßus[_55_] Jeßus[_55_] is offline

Default 100 Healthy Raw Snacks And Treats

On Fri, 23 Sep 2016 14:48:08 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Friday, September 23, 2016 at 4:18:01 PM UTC-4, Jeßus wrote:
>> On Fri, 23 Sep 2016 11:15:28 -0400, Brooklyn1
>> > wrote:

>> >You want to eat HEALTHFULLY!
>> >Eating "healthy" means eating huge portions.

>> Only in America.

>Perhaps he's alluding to the expression "a healthy appetite".
>However, what that means is not eating like a glutton, but
>having the appetite of a healthy person, as opposed to the
>weak appetite of a sick person.
>
>The dictionary informs me that--informally--"healthy" can
>denote "considerable in size or amount", such as "a healthy
>glug of vodka in a pitcher of orange juice".

Yes, it gets used that way here as well.

> It's odd
>that Sheldon would suddenly use the informal definition,
>when throughout this thread he's been a stickler for what
>he believes to be correct usage.

The only group of people I have ever heard say 'healthfully' or
healthful has been Americans and possibly Canadians. That was the
reason I took issue with Sheldon's comment, just trying to point out
that it isn't universal like he seems to imply.