Hag & Stenni

Default Brining ratio - for Turkeys

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 18:56:11 GMT, "Dimitri"
> wrote:

>Most recipes that I have read say to use:
>
>2. cups Kosher Salt or 1 cup of regular salt per 2 gallons of water.
>
>Alton Brown adds 1/2 cup of light Brown sugar and 1 cup Kosher salt to 1
>gallon of iced water and 1 gallon of vegetable stock.
>
>Martha Stewart says 2 gallons water 2 cups bourbon, 2 cups + 2 TBS. course
>salt and 1 cup of sugar.
>
>The questions a
>
>1. What have you used?
>
>2. What else did you add?
>
>3. Would you do this again?
>
>Thanks
>
>Dimitri

Well I use the following for Turkey, Chicken, and pork -

2 gal water
1 cup Kosher salt or 2/3 cup table salt (I dont use iodized)
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 Tbsp = 2 tsp msg (Accent)
1 tsp granulated garlic generous

and I soak smething large like a Turkey for 3 days...Rest
one day wrapped then cook as desired...Have done so for
years- have tried other variations, but keep commin back to
this one...Hag k

As a beauty Im not a star, there are
others more handsome by far, but my
face I dont mind it because Im behind
it, its the folks out front that I jar...

Pull a loraine Bobbit (cut off waynespenis) to reply