Posted to alt.food.wine
DaleW DaleW is offline

Default TN: NY heatwave, with St Amour, Puligny, CA wines, Lores, Provence

No wine Monday with Korean soft tofu stew. Tuesday was local pork chops (first purchase from new snout-to-tail butcher in town), sauteed amaranth, corn, and salad. The 2014 Billards St Amour was young and a little tannic but delicious. Black cherry, herb, deep and juicy., B+

Wednesday was a bit frustrating- left home at 4:45 AM to drop Betsy in Newark, to office by 6:30, 6:45 Betsy called Delta had cancelled flight. Back to Newark to pick her up. But hey, she had unexpected free day so I didnt have to make dinner. Steamy day, but breeze by river made concert fairly comfortable. She had made a lobster/potato salad, we had chicken liver and grandmere pates, friends brought stuffed squash blossoms, sashimi, fruit, and more

2010 Louis Carillon €śCombettes€ť €ť Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru
Rich , deep, and quite oaky. Pear and butterscotch. Fun with the lobster, larger framed but surprisingly not as elegant as a recent bottle of the Champs Canet. B+

2014 Pepiere €śBriords€ť Muscadet
Nice showing, nervy and rich, citrus with a long saline finish. A-

NV Pinon Petillant Rose
Fun with strawberries. Strawberry with a little cranberry and orange zest, modest bubbles, a little herb and chalk on finish. Fun wine. B++

2010 Cowan Cellars €śisa€ťSauvignon Blanc
I really liked this before, but this bottle was pretty advanced. Citrus peel with an oxidative overnote, a bit of VA. Unsure if a poor performing cork, the wine, or possibly my passive storage (50-66 seasonal swings, not usually an issue). This bottle C+, but could just be the bottle.

2015 Jolie Folle Rose
Simpler Provencal rose, pale and easy. B/B-

2012 Scott Family Estate €śDijon€ť Chardonnay
Butterbomb. Oak and butter, fat, not my style C+/C