Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Check it before you bring it home!

"Bruce" > wrote in message
T...
> In article >, gravesend10
> @verizon.net says...
>>
>> On Tue, 9 Aug 2016 18:18:43 -0700, "Cheri" >
>> wrote:

>> >They have the ability to do that at the second hand store? If so, yes
>> >that
>> >would be a good idea.
>> >
>> >Cheri

>> Gotta be nuts to pay more than $5 for a used microwave oven. Even if
>> it worked with used stuff it may only work now and again and soon die.
>> I wouldn't buy small appliances second hand. Microwave ovens are
>> rather inexpensive nowadays, I'd buy new, I'd want one with a
>> warranty... then if they last that first year they are good for at
>> least ten more years.

Walmart has some little ones on sale now for around $25. They come in
colors! Even red ones. I only saw them online though. Didn't look at the
particulars as I don't need one now but heck, should maybe get one anyway.
They're not usually that cheap. Now is the time to buy such things because
they are on sale for dorms.