Posted to alt.food.wine
Bi!! Bi!! is offline

Default TN: 2 Loire(ish) reds, Marsannay, Provencal and Rheingau roses

On Friday, July 15, 2016 at 11:17:51 AM UTC-4, DaleW wrote:
> No wine Tuesday as I led a group around NYC. Wednesday joined some friends by river- had been a hot day, but breeze was blowing off Hudson and park was quite comfortable. I had carried smoked trout, a lamb salad, and chicken. Others shared a tofu escabeche, a scallop salad, and cheeses.
>
> 2014 Leah Jorgensen Cellars Tour Rain (Oregon)
> Gamay/Cab Franc blend. Fresh, crunchy red fruits, earth. I see where the name comes from. B+
>
> 2014 Baudry €śLes Granges€ť Chinon
> Fred blinded me with this one, I immediately guessed Loire, then blew it with a Pineau dAunis guess. Got Cab Franc on 2nd try, but was surprised when revealed.
> Floral and piney, with tart redder fruit. Good, but not what I would have expected. Ill open my lone bottle soon to see if it was just me. B
>
> 2013 Charles Audoin €śCuvee Marie Ragonneau€ť Marsannay
> Ive liked the only Audoin Ive had before, and this is a Martines wine which is usually a good sign, but this left me a little cold.. Ripe cherries and strawberries, a bit kirschy, some scratchy tannin, a bit short. B-/C+
>
> 2015 Mas de Gourgonnier Rose (Les Baux de Provence)
> Always a fave. Pale and lovely, stawberry and melon with a little lemon twist. Just what I want in Provencal rose. B+
>
> Good night, and I didnt have to drive!
>
> Last night I had lamb merguez, grilled radicchio,, and leftover dal. Wine was the 2015 Leitz Rose. I dont think Ive ever had a Rheingau rose before. Pinot Noir. Very light, clean citrus and strawberry, think this would have been a better apertif than with the sausages, but nice bright wine for a hot day. B
>
> Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent wine, B a good wine, C drinkable. Anything below C means I wouldn't drink at a party where it was only choice.Furthermore, I offer no promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.

I drank a fair amount of Audoin wines when I had ownership in a distributor here in Ohio. We represented Martine and Audoin was an affordable wine that she really pushed. IIRC, they were pretty much exclusive to Marsannay and the QPR was pretty darn good.