Posted to alt.food.wine
DaleW DaleW is offline

Default TN: 2 Loire(ish) reds, Marsannay, Provencal and Rheingau roses

No wine Tuesday as I led a group around NYC. Wednesday joined some friends by river- had been a hot day, but breeze was blowing off Hudson and park was quite comfortable. I had carried smoked trout, a lamb salad, and chicken. Others shared a tofu escabeche, a scallop salad, and cheeses.

2014 Leah Jorgensen Cellars Tour Rain (Oregon)
Gamay/Cab Franc blend. Fresh, crunchy red fruits, earth. I see where the name comes from. B+

2014 Baudry €śLes Granges€ť Chinon
Fred blinded me with this one, I immediately guessed Loire, then blew it with a Pineau dAunis guess. Got Cab Franc on 2nd try, but was surprised when revealed.
Floral and piney, with tart redder fruit. Good, but not what I would have expected. Ill open my lone bottle soon to see if it was just me. B

2013 Charles Audoin €śCuvee Marie Ragonneau€ť Marsannay
Ive liked the only Audoin Ive had before, and this is a Martines wine which is usually a good sign, but this left me a little cold. Ripe cherries and strawberries, a bit kirschy, some scratchy tannin, a bit short. B-/C+

2015 Mas de Gourgonnier Rose (Les Baux de Provence)
Always a fave. Pale and lovely, stawberry and melon with a little lemon twist. Just what I want in Provencal rose. B+

Good night, and I didnt have to drive!

Last night I had lamb merguez, grilled radicchio,, and leftover dal. Wine was the 2015 Leitz Rose. I dont think Ive ever had a Rheingau rose before. Pinot Noir. Very light, clean citrus and strawberry, think this would have been a better apertif than with the sausages, but nice bright wine for a hot day. B