Posted to rec.food.sourdough
Dusty[_5_] Dusty[_5_] is offline

Default sourdough rye cranberry walnut bread

On 02-Jul-16 15:15, graham wrote:
> On 01/07/2016 6:34 PM, Dusty wrote:
>> I used to get this bread from a local supplier (Costco). They no longer
>> do so. Now, I've found several recipes for bread of this kind, but they
>> differ in both content and construction. I was hoping that someone here
>> might have knowledge of a recipe like this, and have some pertinent tips.
>>
>> Take care and be well all,
>> Dusty

> I have no idea what the bread at Costco was like as I haven't been there
> in ages. However, have you looked at the Hamelman recipe for sourdough
> rye with walnuts and raisins that could be adapted. The overall formula is:
>
> High gluten flour(ie hard spring wheat bread flour) 65%
> Medium rye flour 35%
> Water 68%
> Salt 1.8%
> Fresh yeast 1.5%***
> Raisins/cranberries 12.5%
> Walnuts 12.5%
>
> *** A sourdough culture is made with most of the rye flour and matured
> for 14-16 hours.
> If it looks like what you are looking for, I could scan the 2 pages and
> e-mail them to you.
> Graham

Hello Graham! Good to hear from you again my friend.
Sounds wonderful! If it's not too much trouble, please do eMail it to
me. I would love to have as many tried-and-true variations as I can
get, to test and compare against each other.

Take care and be well all,
Dusty
--
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been
fooled." - Mark Twain