Posted to rec.food.cooking
Leonard Blaisdell[_2_] Leonard Blaisdell[_2_] is offline

Default I just spent the morning cooking rice wrong

In article >, Janet B
> wrote:

> I just spent the morning cooking rice wrong. Twice and going on the
> third time. By the second time I figured that I wasn't paying
> attention and did it wrong the first time. So I carefully measured
> 1/2 cup rice to 2 cups of water and set it on to cook again. Wallpaper
> paste. What the heck? Then it dawned on me. The hummingbird food
> recipe is 1 cup of sugar to 4 cups of water and rice is 1 cup of rice
> to 2 cups of water. Arrgh! Old brain trying to multi task don't work

The things that I've done wrong in my life stand out. The things I've
done right are soon forgotten and not worth a story and remembrance. I
love to post my food screw-ups here. Well... until I burn the house
down.

leo