Posted to rec.food.sourdough
graham[_4_] graham[_4_] is offline

Default sourdough rye cranberry walnut bread

On 01/07/2016 6:34 PM, Dusty wrote:
> I used to get this bread from a local supplier (Costco). They no longer
> do so. Now, I've found several recipes for bread of this kind, but they
> differ in both content and construction. I was hoping that someone here
> might have knowledge of a recipe like this, and have some pertinent tips.
>
> Take care and be well all,
> Dusty

I have no idea what the bread at Costco was like as I haven't been there
in ages. However, have you looked at the Hamelman recipe for sourdough
rye with walnuts and raisins that could be adapted. The overall formula is:

High gluten flour(ie hard spring wheat bread flour) 65%
Medium rye flour 35%
Water 68%
Salt 1.8%
Fresh yeast 1.5%***
Raisins/cranberries 12.5%
Walnuts 12.5%

*** A sourdough culture is made with most of the rye flour and matured
for 14-16 hours.
If it looks like what you are looking for, I could scan the 2 pages and
e-mail them to you.
Graham