Posted to rec.food.sourdough
dejamos dejamos is offline

Default sourdough rye cranberry walnut bread

On 7/2/2016 8:55 AM, Dusty wrote:
> On 02-Jul-16 06:42, dejamos wrote:
>> On 7/1/2016 7:34 PM, Dusty wrote:
>>> I used to get this bread from a local supplier (Costco). They no longer
>>> do so. Now, I've found several recipes for bread of this kind, but they
>>> differ in both content and construction. I was hoping that someone here
>>> might have knowledge of a recipe like this, and have some pertinent
>>> tips.
>>>
>>> Take care and be well all,
>>> Dusty

>> I don't have anything for you but I would be interested in a recipe for
>> that as well.

> Okay, excellent! I'll be fooling with the ones I managed to dig up over
> the next few weeks. If I get one that turns out as I remember the
> original bread to be, I'll be sure to send it to you.
>
> Dusty

That would be great!

There is something I read somewhere online about sourdough and rye, and
that is to use the rye for the starter rather than adding it with the
other flour/s. If I remember correctly it had something to do with the
rye then being used as the leavening agent. I don't know if that has
any scientific basis but I used that method to make this Rye Sourdough:
http://www.thefreshloaf.com/node/241...-sunflower-and
-pumpkin-seed-cold-soaker

It made a delicious loaf with a good rise so I tend to use that method
whenever I make a sourdough with rye.