Posted to rec.food.cooking
dsi1[_17_] dsi1[_17_] is offline

Default I just spent the morning cooking rice wrong

On Friday, July 1, 2016 at 7:41:21 AM UTC-10, Janet B wrote:
> I just spent the morning cooking rice wrong. Twice and going on the
> third time. By the second time I figured that I wasn't paying
> attention and did it wrong the first time. So I carefully measured
> 1/2 cup rice to 2 cups of water and set it on to cook again. Wallpaper
> paste. What the heck? Then it dawned on me. The hummingbird food
> recipe is 1 cup of sugar to 4 cups of water and rice is 1 cup of rice
> to 2 cups of water. Arrgh! Old brain trying to multi task don't work
>
> Janet US

I add water by feel and intuition. Sometimes I want the rice drier or mushier. I don't want to be aware of what the proper water measurements are when cooking rice because that would really mess me up.

After conferring with other esteemed Asians, we have decided that the Koreans make the best rice.