Posted to rec.food.cooking
Andy Dufrense[_2_] Andy Dufrense[_2_] is offline

Default Ban pre-shredded cheese

On Mon, 20 Jun 2016 23:37:49 -0700, The New Other Guy wrote:

> On Mon, 20 Jun 2016 21:31:01 -0700, "Julie Bove" >
> wrote:

>>> I couldn't believe the selection of shredded cheese at Walmart the
>>> other day. It outnumbered all other cheeses - blocks and slices - by
>>> 10 to 1. They had at least three brands of each mass produced cheese
>>> and an impressive selection of imitation cheese as well. I was so
>>> impressed I even tried to take a picture.
>>>
>>> https://www.flickr.com/photos/sqwert...ream/lightbox/
>>>
>>> That's all shredded cheese. And I could only fit 2/3rds of the wall
>>> in the picture. There's another 5 foot section of Sargento shredded
>>> cheese to the left of there. The sliced cheese section is only 2.5
>>> feet wide. with a few traditional blocks of cheddar and jack
>>> underneath on the bottom shelf.
>>>
>>> Walmart - *NOT* making America grate
>>> <shaking head and rolling eyes>

>>It's not just Walmart. I was looking for a suitable mild cheese for a little
>>one with only 5 teeth. Slices and shreds everywhere. I did find a small
>>triangle of Havarti. Not sure if he will like that or not. We'll see.

> If people (the majority of them, at least) didn't WANT grated cheese,
> it wouldn't BE available.
>
> It never ceases to amaze me how some people think THEIR opinions
> and preferences should be EVERYONE's, even if it means limiting
> all other choices.

Says the guy who's too lazy to shred his own cheese and buys that
cellulose caked stuff. He also the guy that chastises people who buy
gummy vitamins, against HIS wishes.

> It ALSO amazes me that there are still people stupid enough
> to have NOT kill-filed the worst trolls of this group.

"It never ceases to amaze me how some people think THEIR opinions
and preferences should be EVERYONE's, even if it means limiting
all other choices." - sound familiar, hypocrite?

This New Other Guy isn't any better than The Old Other Guy. Still
never contributes anything - he's just another Bruce.

-sw