Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: Rieslings, Pinots, Gamay, GV, and more

On 6/13/16 12:20 PM, DaleW wrote:
> Wineless Monday (kinchee rice and bbq tofu), Tuesday was grilled tuna
> steak, sauteed arugula, rice, and mizuna salad, with the 2015 Dauny
> Sancerre rose. Red cherries, a little pit fruit note, on bigger side,
> could use more acid - this is heavier style of rose. Ill pass on
> more of these. B-/C+

Have I mentioned recently that you and Betsy eat really well? ;-)
Bummer about the Sancerre Rosé. Never heard of the producer, tho.

> With pork chops, greens (mustard and kohlrabi), rice, and salad, the
> 2013 Nikolaihof Im Weingebirge Gruner Veltliner. Federspiel . Stood
> up to the food well, apple and nectarine accented with white pepper
> and lemon zest. Good acids, fresh, I like. B+

Good to hear. I've got some of this, I think.

> I made grilled shrimp with the leftover
> lemongrass/cilantro.mint/chile sauce from Friday, intended wine was
> the 2011 JJ Prum Wehlener Sonnenuhr Kabinett, but neglected to open
> till shrimp were almost gone. Slight CO2 spritz, a little reduced at
> first, cleans up. Green apple and yellow plum, some herby notes.
> Young but good. B+

No trace of sulfur? I have a very difficult time with young Prüm wines
because of the sulfur.

> Dinner was grilled swordfish, a great slaw, and a grain/bean salad.
>
> 2011 Abbatucci Il Cavaliere Diplomate d'Empire Herb, pine, and white
> fruits. Full-textured, with a kind of Rhonish oily edge. Big exotic
> white with good acids. B+

I've so far resisted the plunge with Corsican wines. Just a bit too
pricey for me.

> 2009 Burgaud Morgon Bigger, riper, denser kind of Beaujolais, lots of
> juicy fruit, I think blind I might have guessed Cali PN! But
> reasonably tasty. B/B-

The mark of '09. I'm keeping hands off in the hopes that they'll
eventually return to form.

Thanks for all the notes, Dale.

Mark Lipton