Posted to rec.food.preserving
songbird songbird is offline

Default strawberries today

George Shirley wrote:
> I've got a tractor seat on four wheels and the front wheels swivel.
> Still way to high up without my pot belly getting in the way.
>
> I may design some raised beds that can have a seat that goes around
> them. That way I can reach two feet in on any side and, by going around
> the bed, I can get at everything. It would probably be expensive so it
> won't happen. Once you're retired you have to start watching where the
> bucks go. Happily we own our house and both cars outright plus have
> saved a dollar or two over the years. I just don't want to outlive my
> money. My Mom came from abject poverty and I've heard all the bad
> stories. Don't want any of that.

i would like to put large square bins on rails and
then i could remote control everything like the model
railroaders. bring any needed bin through the station
to get watered and weeded then send it back out.

think that would be expensive? haha. yes, i know
it would be.

plus, it divorces the topsoil from the subsoil and
you lose all the benefits of the soil community. to
do it well you'd need about 1x1x2m and that's a lot
of weight... nah, i'll stick with the ground pillows.

i grew up poor too, but didn't notice it much until
others were sure to point it out and treat us badly
for it too. i live a simple life and keep expenses
low. hope to never have to work full-time again.
enjoying my time off now.

> I keep telling the great grands that I might have to sell one or two of
> them to the Gypsies if necessary. They still give me hugs.

easier to catch that ways!

songbird