Posted to alt.food.wine
Tom S[_3_] Tom S[_3_] is offline

Default Long time no see!

Hola Santiago!

I had completely forgotten about sending that bottle of wine to you! I'm glad and honored that you enjoyed it that much. Unfortunately, in the wake of the 911 attacks it has become impossible to ship things innocently in or out of the Country. :^(
It would probably have to be a hand-carry, and I don't see that happening anytime soon.

I don't recall for sure where you are located, but my guess would be Spain. I was there on vacation in October of 2001, right after the NYC terrorist attacks. It was a great time to travel. The airplanes were almost empty because everyone was afraid of ending up in another hijacked plane, and the Euro was 87 cents to the dollar. My sister and I visited Madrid for a few days and took in some touristy things: the Prado; Toledo (where I bought a very nice chef's knife); Paloma San Basilio in "My Fair Lady"; and a pretty good flamenco show. Then off to Malaga for a week where we caught some sun, drank some good inexpensive rose, ate paella, and took a trip to Gibraltar. The little bit of Spanish I had picked up at work turned out to be somewhat useful! Now that I'm back in college I'm actually studying Spanish because it's a requirement for enology majors. I'm OK with the vocabulary, but the verbs are driving me crazy!

If you're ever in Los Angeles be sure to give me a call or drop me a line.

Tom S