Posted to alt.food.wine
santiago santiago is offline

Default Long time no see!

wrote in
:

> I hadn't realized that this newsgroup still existed. My ISP abruptly
> pulled the plug many years ago, and I thought, "well that's that.". I
> had met a number of people from this group in person and even more in
> a virtual sense and was sorry to see them go. They all knew me as Tom
> S. I contacted Mike Tommasi through LinkedIn yesterday and he replied
> promptly that this newsgroup still existed. It was a little tricky to
> find, but here it is and so am I.

Hi Tom, how long without news from you!!! It is so nice to see you back
around.

> I have been a winemaker since 1982 - both professionally and as an
> amateur - mostly and most recently the latter. I retired 2+ years ago
> from my day-to-day aerospace career and am now free to pursue my
> hobbies and interests. I've gone back to college and plan to seek a
> degree in enology.

And I remember having a couple of bottles of your wine, like 14 years ago.
Great Chardonnay! I still have the empty bottle in my collection of special
bottles. See pic:

http://es.tinypic.com/r/k93z9/9

> I still make barrel fermented Chardonnay (my favorite!) as well as the
> occasional red. I'm getting a barrel of 2014 Pinot Noir ready to
> bottle, which will be followed shortly thereafter by my 2015
> Chardonnay. Both are, if I may say so, delicious. I recently bottled
> a 2015 off-dry Riesling that I made on a whim. That was only a little
> more than four cases. It's a perfect summertime Spatlese style wine
> that everyone who has tasted it really likes.
>
> I don't do this for the money. It's simply in my blood and a part of
> me and who I am - just as Bridge, Square Dance, fast cars and good
> food are.

Do your wines make it to this side of the pond?

> I doubt that I will have the time to be as frequent a contributor here
> as I was in the past, but I'll pop in from time to time as time
> permits. Saludos!

Hope that's true,

s.