Posted to alt.food.wine

Default 2001 La Rioja Alta "Viña Ardanza" Reserva Especial Rioja

On 5/4/16 9:00 PM, Michael Nielsen wrote:

> 2001 La Rioja Alta "Viña Ardanza" Reserva Especial Rioja *****+
>
> OMG. that says it all.

I'm jealous. I've had a couple version of the Ardanza Reserva, which I
liked quite a lot, but the 904 is also quite fine.

> the iberico ham comes in as well. the italian wine enthusiasnt tries
> it and goes " wow, what the **** , this is REALLY REALLY good. this
> night is turning out to be really something alreadY". i managed to
> convert a sceptic. He kept talking about how amazing that wine was
> during the entire evening.

Many of the Italians I know (reading this, Mike?) prefer Iberico to most
Prosciutto (and also prefer olive oil from Spain to most of the Tuscan
output).

Mark Lipton