Posted to rec.food.cooking
Gary Gary is offline

Default [OT] Life after cell phone

notbob wrote:

> I don't usually post off-topic, but this time.....
>
> I let my cell phone acct lapse ....on purpose! Gee, I don't miss it
> one bit. I have no more cell phone capability, but I still have the
> device and it works pretty dang good, w/o the phone part.
>
> I can still wifi the browser to check weather. The timer functions
> work great and I use 'em all the time, having tossed all my
> wris****ches, yrs ago. No problem, as the time feature still works,
> also. Not sure where it's getting its time signal from, but who
> cares. When the battery dies, I'll toss the entire device and perhaps
> buy a cheaper non Ad-roid Tracfone. Ad-roid phones suck.

I was in Rite-Aid store this morning and thought to look at their
cheap phones. Tracfone was the cheapest. My plan is to buy a very
cheap one and use it just for the wifi and other apps without signing
up for a phone plan.

I'd like to do this before buying a phone and also phone access. Any
ideas of the best way to start?