Charles Gifford

"Crone" > wrote in message
> I know this is not a traditional way of preparing the above food but I
> need to serve a large number of people and a one by one thing would be
> too much work. I only have one housekeeper to help me out.
> A tasty casserole would be ideal. I have had them but don't have a clue
> as to the preparation.
> Any suggestions appreciated.
> We will also have tacos beef, pork type.
> All the side dishes and a large pot of beans de Olla`
> Dessert will be flan and fresh fruit.
> thank you.

Here are three for you. When I make it I use the first recipe.

Charlie

WILLI'S CHILE RELLENOS CASSEROLE

Source: Willi Aragon

Cheddar cheese
Monterey jack cheese
large can whole green chiles
3 eggs
a little 1/2 and 1/2 (light cream) or milk

Tear chiles in half and seed them. Slice the cheeses into about 1/8-inch
thick slices. In a cooking spray-coated 1.75 to 2 qt. casserole, layer
chiles then both cheeses and repeat using all the chiles and cheese ending
with cheese.

Beat eggs and some milk. Pour over the chiles and cheeses, lifting with a
fork to get all around. Bake at 350F for about 20 to 30 minutes.

CHILE RELLANO CASSEROLE

Source: unknown

1 small can whole Ortega chilies
1/2 lb. jack cheese (or Cheddar, mozzarella or a combination)
2 eggs, beaten
2 cups milk
1/2 cup flour
1 tsp. salt

Remove seeds from chilies and line the bottom of a flat type casserole.
Grate cheese and spread over chilies. Mix the other ingredients and pour
over chilies and cheese. Bake 1 hour at 350F.

CHILE RELLENO CASSEROLE #3

Source: unknown

12 oz. canned whole green chiles
8 oz. shredded Jack cheese
8 oz. shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
4 egg whites
1 cup evaporated milk
3 tbs. cornstarch
8 oz. enchilada sauce

Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease an 8x8-inch glass baking dish. Drain
chiles and remove seeds. Remove excess moisture with paper towels. Mix
cheeses together setting aside 1/2 cup for top. Beat milk, egg whites and
cornstarch together until smooth. Layer chiles, cheese and milk mixture.
Pour can of enchilada sauce over top. Sprinkle reserved cheese over top and
bake one hour or until done in the middle.

Note: Unused portions reheat well in the microwave. Cover with vented
plastic wrap to prevent splatters.