Posted to rec.food.cooking
Jeßus[_53_] Jeßus[_53_] is offline

Default Are full-fat dairy foods better for you after all?

On Thu, 07 Apr 2016 12:02:39 -0500, Mark Storkamp
> wrote:

>In article >,
> Janet B > wrote:
>

>> Tufts researchers report in the journal Circulation that people who
>> consumed full-fat dairy products had as much as a 46 percent lower
>> risk of developing diabetes over the course of the 15-year study
>> compared with people who opted for skim milk, low-fat yogurt and
>> low-fat cheese. The research was based on an analysis of blood test
>> results showing biomarkers of full-fat dairy consumption.
>>

>The Schwarzbein Principle came out in 1999. It's only the government
>who's pushing the health benefits of a diet made with a chemistry set.
>(And still some people think the government should run even more of our
>lives)

Putting the 'Schwarzbein Principle' aside (since I know nothing about
it), I agree entirely. Anything Govco says health and food should
be viewed by default with suspicion. Same with most (note I said
'most') mainstream medical practitioners, who are notoriously
conservative, and generally too lazy/disinterested to take an active
interest in contemporary thinking if it doesn't involve pharmaceutical
products. Especially regarding nutrition.